Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Parisian Sunset! by ashgerrard1991



Hi Guy's, I hope you like the new image. The Paris cityscape taken from the Tour Montparnasse! This was a shot I had been planning for the best part of 6 months and nothing seemed to go to plan.. Maybe I should have researched it further! Firstly the plan was to take the shot on New Year's Day, when we arrived at the tour the queue was ridiculously long and didn't seem to move within half an hour so we decided to try elsewhere for a sunset shot. The sunset that night was incredible and was absolutely gutted to have missed it! So with much quieter queues we went up on the 2nd of January. We got to the top and the next problem we came across was my tripod was too short for the camera to look the viewing points! So the plan for long exposure shots was out the window! All pictures that were taken that evening were taken handheld. I've got to admit the VR system on my lens is incredible and far better than I'd ever imagined it would be. With not being able to use my tripod I know I missed out on super sharp images but I'm happy with what I managed to salvage from this shoot. I hope you like the shot and feel free to like my page :) http://j.mp/1G3di2x via 500px http://j.mp/1A6nTJ7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive