Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Friday, March 6, 2015

EQUIVALENTS I - Pennzoil Place, Houston by JuliaAnnaGospodarou



_Pennzoil Place, Houston, TX – Arch. Philip Johnson_ http://j.mp/1wb6Eqm Much more about how I create my images + a demo of my entire processing workflow at Athens Workshop March 28-29. Only a couple spots left. http://j.mp/1zVsiu5 The start of a new series and maybe a new direction in my work, a direction not so minimalistic as before, with more complex subjects and relations among them. As always, my images are born from my experiences and I'm trying to tell my stories through them - through black, white and shades of gray, through lines and shapes. See in my blog post above the whole story of the image, the tech side and a video about its creation. I call this series Equivalents as an homage to Alfred Stieglitz, the “father”of fine art photography, the one who used this word for the first time in the beginning of 20th Century to create the first abstract photography series in history, when he shot more than 200 photographs of clouds deprived of any other context, aiming with this series to capture only the feeling in his images and to find a channel of communication with the viewer beyond known shapes or subjects. This is what I aim for too when creating (en)Visionography. To communicate with the viewer through symbols, and I create these symbols by using architectural shapes and shades of gray. I shot this image on a trip I made to Houston, TX, together with my friend and wonderful photographer Mabry Campbell Check out his work, it's fantastic. Houston is an amazing city and Mabry knows everything about it so I got the best of what this city has to offer. Shot with Formatt Hitech Filters ProStop ND filters 10+6 stops. Nowadays I'm using only Firecrest 16, which is THE filter to shoot long exposure. via 500px http://j.mp/1zVsiu8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive