Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Enlightenment? by yamam_alzubaidi



This photo was taken from a balcony belonging to gym in a 5 stars hotel. I went there daytime and was told that it was ok to come back after the sunset to take mote photos. To be honest, I told personnel at the gym that I was checking in and didn’t have a room number yet and was just checking out the gym. I came back a day later after the sunset and was informed that I am not allowed to use the tripod unless I live at the hotel. After a long discussion I was allowed one photo. Only with my mobile phone. Pretending not to understand the mobile phone part I took my camera and managed o take three photos. The personnel was standing right behind be – stressing me and not allowing me to think. So only when I took the third photo (this one) I managed to increase the ISO. Not optimal. He was polite but reassuring. Still… At the same time there was another guy at the balcony shooting with his tripod. And a 5o mm lens. He was a customer. I was told it was ”as issue of confidentiality”. The hotel obviously believes that they own the view. So who owns the earth? PS. Credit for Daniel Cheong for his stunning shot from this location. via 500px http://j.mp/19GVQpk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive