Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Duke Chapel by KevinChildress



This is the Duke Chapel, on the Duke University Campus, in Durham, NC. This was the first opportunity I had to use the D800 for a church interior, back in February, 2013. At the time I hadn't been able to acquire a full-frame wide angle lens so I had to use my DX-format Sigma 10-20mm for this one. The angle of view you see here is 15mm equivalent. The Duke Chapel doesn't allow tripods in the interior so I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to capture all of the exposures that I prefer for my church interior images. I made friends with the desk attendant as soon as I entered the chapel by asking if he would allow me to store my tripod behind his desk during our visit. Then I made haste to set the camera on a flat-top podium that was placed at the head of the isle! :) I wasn't able to level the lens exactly on the podium so I lost a few more pixels from perspective corrections. But all in all, I still love this image. I would have liked to have captured 13 - 14 exposures for this interior but just couldn't manage it with the camera teetering on the podium. This is 10 exposures at +/- 1.0 EV. via 500px http://j.mp/1EsjX3x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive