Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Monday, January 26, 2015

Forgotten Future - iPhone 6 by diet_mar



I've been busy in the city and on my way I noticed that it was quite misty around the skyscrapers in Frankfurt. This is perfect conditions for my project called "Urban Abstractions". Unfortunately I left my camera at home. But fortunately I had my iPhone 6 ready. I'm into mobile photography anyway so that wasn't that much of a problem for me. Actually, some of my best works are shot with my iPhone. Shot with iPhone's Camera App. Processed with VSCOcam (x3 preset). I adjusted brightness and contrast, added more grain and a touch of sharpness in VSCO as well. Straightened (slightly, not that much) with iPhone's photos app. The concept accomplished in this shot is actually not new to me. I knew the spot and went straight to it. Architecture is a fundamental element of my work, used as instrument to embody my thoughts. The works from my ongoing "Urban Abstractions" series are all ideally connected. Just as all works in this series they're clearly minimalistic in their appearance with a resembling geometrical impact. They‘re reflecting the uncertainty about the future regarding human progression and evolvement as the ever growing highrise buildings vanish into the sky. I achieve these perspectives by going very close to these high-rise buildings. By close I mean VERY close. My iPhone actually touches the surface of the building, lens pointing to the sky. As these shots are, thanks to the perspectives, very abstract anyway I try to enhance abstraction by post processing further more. In this case by overblowing the sky and loosing details in the dark parts. For the sky I didn't had to do much because of the mist I talked about in the beginning. More shots from this day here: http://j.mp/1C5pfpB...WebsiteNEOPRIMEFlickr500pxTumblrBēhanceTwitterInstagramElloPinterest⎪ via 500px http://j.mp/1C5phxz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive