Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Metallic Organic by Turnipfarmer



Wellcome Collection, London, England - http://j.mp/1npm4lX

As promised from yesterdays here is London's newest spiral staircase at the Wellcome Collection!

It was a bit of a coincidence and bit of luck that I managed to get a photo of this staircase. I knew that the Wellcome Trust building was undergoing massive renovations and this spiral staircase was part of that so I have been keeping an eye on their progress. As I was travelling into London yesterday I thought I would check on the progress of their renovations and just by shear luck the spiral staircase was revealed and opened to the public yesterday so as soon as I got into Kings Cross Station I went straight down there.

This was one of many images that I got of the staircase. Designed by architects Wilkinson Eyre at cost of about £1 million! Completely made out what appears to be sheet metal, its very stunning to look at and makes you want to keep touching it. It was quite a challenging staircase to take images of due to its asymmetric nature.

Also got few more photos from my time in London, especially some new London Underground photos so keep watching! via 500px http://j.mp/1A07zsd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive