Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Austin Cityscape by JWRemingtonPhotographics



2015/026. "Austin Cityscape" Trying to find good vantage points from which to shoot any city's skyline is always on my mind as I move around a new city. While attending the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar at Palmer Events Center in Austin, Texas a few days before Christmas, I realized that Palmer's garage would be a pretty good place. It offered me a good vantage point on the city, and it gave me some elevation so I could shoot it without much if any angle upward from the horizontal which helps to minimize or prevent altogether key-stoning of the building angles. So after Christmas I made it back there to shoot this. It was a pretty bland scene as far as light goes. It was just overcast and soft, flat light everywhere so very little in the way of the cool directed light that works best in architecture and landscapes. But I think I managed to pull something off that's worthy in any case. I hope you enjoy today's J.W. Remington Photographics' Photo of the Day for January 26th, 2015! © 2015 J.W. Remington Photographics. All rights reserved. via 500px http://j.mp/1D1Mspo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive