
St Botolph Building, London, England - http://j.mp/1npm4lX
Wow what a busy weekend. I have just returned from London after doing the annual Open House London event, this will be my 4th. Sorry if I have been a little inactive on here as of late, I have just got a lot of other commitments on at the moment and sadly not been out with the camera much but hopefully will change soon.
Open House was very good this year, I tried concentrating on one or two areas this year to maximise the amount of buildings I get to visit. I may have not got as many photos as in previous years as some of the buildings I was visiting I didn't know too much about so was a gamble if I would get a photo that I liked but non the less each building was very interesting to visit.
This was the St Botolph Building, one that you had to pre-book and there first time in Open House. Designed by Grimshaw Architects in a ultra modern style and has the largest double lift system in the world. When I say double lift, this means that there are two lifts on the same shaft that work independently of each other, really interesting stuff. I have a photo of these to share with you little later.
I am slowly going through my photos and can't wait to see other peoples photos from Open House too. via 500px http://j.mp/1rifbD7
Wow what a busy weekend. I have just returned from London after doing the annual Open House London event, this will be my 4th. Sorry if I have been a little inactive on here as of late, I have just got a lot of other commitments on at the moment and sadly not been out with the camera much but hopefully will change soon.
Open House was very good this year, I tried concentrating on one or two areas this year to maximise the amount of buildings I get to visit. I may have not got as many photos as in previous years as some of the buildings I was visiting I didn't know too much about so was a gamble if I would get a photo that I liked but non the less each building was very interesting to visit.
This was the St Botolph Building, one that you had to pre-book and there first time in Open House. Designed by Grimshaw Architects in a ultra modern style and has the largest double lift system in the world. When I say double lift, this means that there are two lifts on the same shaft that work independently of each other, really interesting stuff. I have a photo of these to share with you little later.
I am slowly going through my photos and can't wait to see other peoples photos from Open House too. via 500px http://j.mp/1rifbD7
No comments:
Post a Comment