Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Friday, August 8, 2014

Enjoy the Silence by Turnipfarmer



Fountains Abbey, Ripon, North Yorkshire, England - http://j.mp/1npm4lX

This is one place I have never visited before but was on my list to do. I was having some more work done to my car nearby so had a drive here to pass a few hours.

I got to Fountains Abbey as soon as it opened which meant no or very little people around! I have seen this shot many times and is regarded by many of a photographer as Fountain Abbeys cliche shot however I had to take it, especially since it was so empty.

Can you believe that this was the cellar of the Abbey? Such beautiful architecture and amazes me how they built something like this all those years ago. The surrounding gardens around Fountains Abbey are certainly worth a visit too if you do come. One thing that was apparent when I took this image is how quiet it was there, I could just hear the gentle wind and that was about it.

Hope you all have a good weekend! via 500px http://j.mp/1phAm7k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive