Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tangents by Turnipfarmer



Temple Church, London, England - http://j.mp/1npm4lX

This is Temple Church tucked away between Fleet Street and the River Thames. I have been wanting to visit this church for a while and sadly didn't get time before I moved away. However I made sure that got time to visit it on my quick visit last weekend.

The church didn't fail to amaze me. Such a beautiful church and well looked after considering it was heavily bombed during the 2nd World War. I am a big fan of this circular features of churches, reminds me of the similar architectural feature at York Minster that I uploaded few weeks ago. There is something very pleasing to the eye, maybe its the symmetry or maybe its the juxtaposition of curves and straight lines or maybe its all of this. What ever it is its such a wonderful church and if your in the area next its well worth a visit. via 500px http://j.mp/1qSTTJM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive