Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th, Boston! by fmarty



The famous 4th of July Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular was moved to the evening of July 3rd this year in anticipation for Nature’s works including hurricane Arthur. Even with the change in program, the fireworks this year were cut short because of an amazing storm that brought its own spectacular lighting and a wall of water and wind that engulfed and soaked all present as we walked back from the Boston University Bridge where I was able to finally do some fireworks photography. I hope you will like this view of the display that I was able to capture about half way into the shortened fireworks program! I was lucky and thankful to have a small stature couple in front of me on the BU Bridge that allowed me to set up the tripod and take multiple photos in bulb mode. The tallest building on the right is the Hancock building that kept reflecting all the different colors and lights of the event and is surrounded by its neighbors in Boston’s Back Bay. Downtown Boston was the backdrop for this view; you can see the Massachusetts Avenue Bridge in the lower third of the image and multiple boats and kayak silhouettes on the Charles River contemplating this great annual Boston classic! Special thanks to Darren Rowse for his simple and insightful online tutorial in Digital Photography School about photographing fireworks. This was my first attempt to properly photograph the Boston Fireworks on Independence Day. I think I will try again next year! via 500px http://j.mp/1zdxvQT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive