Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Friday, July 11, 2014

Gattaca by Turnipfarmer



Royal Armouries, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England - http://j.mp/1npm4lX

After looking around Clarence Dock for a while I decided to head into the Royal Armouries. The last time I was here in this museum was back in 1996 when it first opened and all I remember being was this building situated in the middle of a massive car park, a member of staff confirmed this. This area is non recognisable compared to what it was when it first opened, completely redeveloped the area.

Anyway, I had a great time looking around all the exhibits (just like I did back in 1996) and if you have never been its worth a visit as after all its free to get in too.

The image here that I have taken is of the entrance way and looking straight up towards the stunning atrium. Its a little abstract but I wanted to capture the way the light shone off the concrete surface and the way the dark squares seem to disappear into the wall. Also this is one of the many walkways that cross between the two sides within the museum.

I may do a B&W version of this to compare and get that uploaded too.

Hope you all have a great weekend! via 500px http://j.mp/1zuPbaT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive