Popular Posts (All Time)

Popular Posts (Last Month)

Popular Posts (Last Week)

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

City By The Sea by mikedanson



As a native New Yorker, I've always wanted to visit this spot in Brooklyn, which is by the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge in Brooklyn Bridge Park. This area has changed a lot in the last 20 years and its a great place to go. Even at 2:30am the park had plenty of people in it. Best views of the NYC Skyline in my opinion. I've seen many photos from this spot and my initial plan was to shoot it during sunset but there wasn't much of a sunset that night. Then I was hoping for a brief lightning storm as they have been frequently happening for the past two weeks in NY, since I've been here. I was hoping to catch a bolt of lightning hitting the top of one of the skyscrapers. No storm. Thinking of ways to compose this to make it different from most pictures I've seen from this vantage point as this is one of those places that is over-photographed and I didn't want the cliched compo from here, so I first shot a bunch of pics with my 24 prime but wasn't really liking the outcome. I wanted to have the skyscrapers of Downtown, NYC appear larger and keep the foreground the same so I then went to my 50mm. I immediately loved the composition so here's the result. Hope you like and please share! Best viewed on Black Background. via 500px http://j.mp/1nwfREm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive